How I started living a creative life

1.  Stop fearing
Fear of not getting through a particular test, not making it to a particular club or being punished for a particular thing ( my college is a strict one and values discipline. So, punishment is a thing here.) I have friends who care about a low grade in a particular subject or not getting through a club and by the end of the trimester they were a walking- talking ball of stress. The creativity gets overshadowed by stress. I am not suggesting you to not study or not follow the rules but to CHILL a little while you do these things.

2. Social network less
The best thing about a residential course is that you get to observe behaviours of different people at all times. Some are off social media ( 1% of the population) , some care too much about other people's "Instagram life ". ( We all know what I am talking about. Let's not elaborate). I came up with a technique which isn't as extreme as quitting social media. All you have to do is uninstall one of those social media apps either Instagram, snapchat or Twitter maybe and do not spend more than 10 seconds for viewing one post or story. Try the technique , it would work. Mostly because you aren't getting consumed in the content your friends offer on social media.
3. Take up hobbies
The first step would be to discover your hobbies , and if you believe you don't have any, look back. What did you like to do as a kid? Did you draw, cycle , swim or just play gully cricket? Your childhood hobbies would help you know what you should start with.  You could attend art workshops , go on a cycling event or even plan a video gaming day with your buddies.
I started with drawing ( I was in class 11 then) , and trust me I was very bad at it. I couldn't draw simple diagrams. And now it's been almost three years and I sell my artworks ( Even on Amazon) , I started my own merch on franklywearing.com ( check this website for cool stuff, I'll attach the link in the end) and I feel happy every time I create a great piece.

4. Interact
It is important to interact but with the right kind of people. If you are spending time with people who constantly crib about how their life sucks or with people who constantly flaunt about their new designer clothes or a trip they've planned to the states, wait, step back and run away from those people. They are the people who would suck your happiness in the long run. Have conversations about experiences , skills , interests ,goals and AVOID  the materialistic stuff. That's the key.


I'll attach the Amazon links of some products you can purchase to start a new hobby( writing , painting , mandala art , gardening , photography, music etc.) Check them out.✌️
You can share your experiences and stories about your happiness mantra or creative living with me on delightedhumans@gmail.com ✉️ or DM me on Instagram @drishti.1409 or @delightedhumans.
Thanks for reading 🌿🌼

Sponsoring blog posts can not only prove to be a good marketing tactic but also promote the small bloggers to come up with good content. To sponsor a post, click the link -
https://forms.gle/QhAMQFXv8UCok7uy7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From one metro station to another

MAHABHARAT - a result of impulsive actions of the female characters

7 years of YJHD